1. He said in reply that the question was unfair.
2. They went ahead without waiting for a reply from the Germans.
3. I have received neither an acknowledgment nor a reply.
4. Major’s reply came as a complete surprise to the House of Commons.
5. We guarantee to reply in full within 10 working days.
6. I called out a challenge, but there was no reply.
7. We can’t promise to publish a reply as space is limited.
8. “Yes,” he muttered, his voice so muted I hardly heard his reply.
9. “Well, dear,” her hostess would reply with a frigid smile.
10. When there was no reply, he pushed the door open.
11. He had written her in Italy but received no reply.
12. Her reply was unprintable.
13. Grace was too terrified to reply.
14. “The matter is closed,” was the curt reply.
15. “Bet you I can”, comes the confident reply.